Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
How to make Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo By Sondoss Kitchen
- Large pot
- 2 breasts chicken breast
- 1 pack fettuccine pasta
- 1 cup white mushrooms thickly sliced
- 1 piece small onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp salt (plus more for pasta water)
- 1 Black pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
1. Cook fettuccine pasta in a large pot of salted water according to package instructions then drain and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, thinly slice chicken breast into strips and season all over with salt and pepper. In a large, deep skillet heat olive oil over medium/high heat and sauté chicken until lightly golden and cooked through (5 min). Remove chicken from the pan and cover to keep warm.
3. In the same pan over medium/high heat, add olive oil and butter. Add onion and sauté 3 minutes until soft. Add sliced mushrooms and sauté until soft (5-7 min), stirring frequently. Add garlic and sauté another 30 seconds until fragrant, stirring constantly.
4. Add milk and heavy cream and simmer over low heat 8-10 min, or until just beginning to thicken. Add chicken back to pan, along with parsley, salt and pepper.
5. Add cooked pasta and stir to combine. Heat another minute until warmed through then turn off the heat, cover and let pasta rest 10-15 minutes then stir to combine and serve.