Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
How to make Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo By Sondoss Kitchen
- Larg pot
- 2 breasts chicken breast
- 1 pack fettuccine pasta
- 1 cup white mushrooms thickly sliced
- 1 piece small onion finely chopped
- 3 gloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp salt (plus more for pasta water)
- 1 Black pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1. Cook fettuccine pasta in a large pot of salted water according to package instructions then drain and set aside.
- 2. Meanwhile, thinly slice chicken breast into strips and season all over with salt and pepper. In a large, deep skillet heat olive oil over medium/high heat and sauté chicken until light golden and cooked through (5 min). Remove chicken from the pan and cover to keep warm.
- 3. In the same pan over medium/high heat, add olive oil and butter. Add onion and sauté 3 minutes until soft. Add sliced mushrooms and sauté until soft (5-7 min), stirring frequently. Add garlic and sauté another 30 seconds until fragrant, stirring constantly.
- 4. Add milk and heavy cream and simmer over low heat 8-10 min, or until just beginning to thicken. Add chicken back to pan, along with parsley, salt and pepper.
- 5. Add cooked pasta and stir to combine. Heat another minute until warmed through then turn off the heat, cover and let pasta rest 10-15 minutes then stir to combine and serve.