- Large saucepan
- Large bowl
- Electric mixer
- Piping bag with rounded star tip
- Big sieve
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter cubed
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- For coating
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tsp ground cinnamon
- Add water, butter, sugar and salt to a large saucepan, bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add flour reduce heat to medium-low and cook and stir constantly until mixture comes together and is smooth (a few lumps in it are fine).
- Transfer mixture to a large mixing bowl, let it cool for a few minutes.
- Add the vanilla and egg to flour mixture then blend immediately with an electric mixer until the mixture is smooth (it will separate at first but keep mixing it will come together).
- Transfer to a piping bag fitted with a rounded star tip.
- Pipe the mixture into preheated oil, cut end with clean scissors.
- Let them fry until golden brown. Transfer to a big sieve over a plate to dry briefly.
- For the coating, mix the sugar and cinnamon. Roll the warm churros in them.