Ice Cream Pie
- 9 inch /23 cm round pie pan
- 2 medium bowls
- 1 small bowl
- 16 graham crackers or tea biscuits
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- Ice Cream
- 2 cans condensed milk about 700-800 grams
- 4 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit / 176 degrees Celsius
- Crush the graham crackers by pulsing with a food processor or put them in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin. Put the crushed crackers in a bowl and add the melted butter. Mix with your hands until you get a crumbly texture.
- Place the cracker and butter mixture on to the pie pan and start first with the sides of the pan. Press the cookie and butter mixture up onto the sides of the pan, then move towards the base and press down. Make sure its firm. Bake for 5-8 minutes. Let it cool completely.
- Whisk together the condensed milk, vanilla, and salt with a hand held mixer until it starts to thicken slightly.
- In another bowl, whisk with a hand held mixer the heavy cream until it gets thick. Don’t over whisk so it doesn’t break.
- Slowly add the whipped cream into the milk mixture and fold in. Don’t stir or fold quickly so you keep the air in. Pour it into pie pan and freeze it for 3-4 hours minimum. Even better, freeze it overnight.