Iman Bashir started doing advertisements from a very early age, and that led her to take up modeling, which is her passion right now.
Being a dark-skin model in a racist country is hard. But as they say, what hurts you today makes you stronger tomorrow.
We are delighted that she dedicated time to answer our questions.
- Where and when were you born?
I was born in Sudan on 9-10-1997
- Who was the most influential person to you as a child?
- What did you like most about school?
My friends, I made lots of friends in school from so many cultures
- What would people you know find surprising about you as a teen?
That I was actually a good teen never been through that crazy teen phase was a little bit mature
- What was your first job?Waitress
- Who was the biggest influence in your career?
The people around me, they always tell me I should be a model
- What is your definition of “happiness”?
Happiness to me comes in different forms. When you overcome the hard times, when you help someone in need or even put a smile on someone’s face it is the best feeling ever.
- What is Iman Bashir’s happiest memory?
One of my happiest memory is when I walked a runway for the very first time
- What accomplishment are you most proud of?
I got more accomplishment on the way but for now, is being a model
- What are the lessons you have learned in life?
Nothing comes easy, you have to work for what you want. And you only fall down to get back up stronger
- Who do you admire most in your family and why?
My mum, seeing how strong she can be even on the hardest time, and how much loving and caring she is
12. Whose biggest fan are you?
13. What does Iman Bashir like to do in your spare time?
Hanging out with friends, gym, movies
14. Why Lebanon?
I didn’t choose Lebanon; my parent got me here when I was 5 or 6
15. What is your definition of beauty?
Loving and accepting the way you are
and being comfortable in your own skin
16. What is something every woman needs in her wardrobe?
17. Do you have any advice for girls who want to take up modeling?
You have to work your butt off
18. What do you find most rewarding about modeling?
Meeting people, you don’t usually do, being healthy, and traveling to different cultures
19. March is Women History Month; who is the most influential female figure in your life, and Why?
Mum, for how she can always be positive and how much work to put for her kids and family.
20. What is the last thing you googled?
How to make pasta shrimp
21. What is your guilty pleasure?
Listening to music
22. Do you have a favorite male model?
23. What routine would you like to share with Doha Style followers? (A video or written of one or more: face/skin/hair/workout etc)
I am still figuring products that work for me more and when I do I will share all of them
24. What is the best beauty advice you were ever given?
Never sleep with makeup on
25. What is the one thing you wish people knew about you?
I don’t always have Makeup 24h, people think i put on makeup all the times
26. What is the most memorable travel experience?
Still didn’t travel, I barely remember Syria
27. If we looked in your fridge, what would we always find?
28. How is it like to be a Sudanese/black female model?
Its not easy being from a community that judge girls on everything, the way they look or even wear, and what can they be or not
29. Do you think of going back to Sudan?
Of course, that’s my dream
30. When and why did you first become a model? (Do you have photo/s from your first or early shoots?)
I was at some event and someone asked me if I wanna model for their brand. and I thought to my self it would be fun and interesting thing to try and I love it from then
31. What sorts of settings/clothes/brands do you prefer to shoot for, or wear?
32 What do you consider the toughest aspect of this job?
Being a dark skin model
33. What song/s do you have on repeat these days?
2 songs actually:
شكلي ما لو by seido Simba
and جنابو by moto
34. When do you feel sexiest?
When I look good from head to toe
35. What was your favorite activity during quarantine?
Cooking new foods
36. What is your favorite place to shop?
37. How would your best friends describe you?
As a good listener